If you are an equity administrator who needs to keep stakeholder data 100% accurate and up-to-date, we've released a new feature that allows you to update email addresses, payroll IDs, employee IDs, and other fields on Carta for more than 1 stakeholder at a time. Maintaining accurate stakeholder data is critical for a number of reasons:
- Employee & Payroll ID: A stakeholder's employee and payroll ID serve as unique identifiers for you to easily run HRIS and Payroll reports for your company.
- Addresses: Stakeholder addresses are used for payroll, tax mobility, and contacting stakeholders when necessary.
- Email Addresses: Email addresses make sure that the correct stakeholders have electronic access to their equity in your company. It is also the primary means for holders to receive notices about company events and equity events.
To bulk update stakeholder data on Carta:
- Navigate to Stakeholders --> All Stakeholders --> Manage stakeholders --> Update Stakeholders
- Select the data fields you would like to update and hit Download. This will produce a custom spreadsheet for you to edit in excel.
- Edit data directly on the spreadsheet and save. Please do not move columns around.
- Return to Carta to upload the spreadsheet you had just edited and saved. Hit Submit updates and confirm the changes you are making on Carta. Carta will run a set of checks to make sure everything looks correct. We only run checks on the stakeholders you have modified. Once the checks have passed you will see a confirmation page and you're all set!
If we detect some errors in the data you edited, we want to help you resolve them before making the changes on Carta.
- When you hit Submit updates and you have outstanding errors to resolve, hit Download Errors Spreadsheet. Clicking this button will download a spreadsheet of the errors we found with instructions on how you can resolve them.
- When you open the spreadsheet, you will see the associated stakeholder with an error highlighted in red. Hover your mouse over to the first column to read a brief description on how you can resolve the error. Make the changes directly on Excel once again and hit save.
- Return to Carta to upload the edited spreadsheet and submit again.
Coming soon: updating stakeholder properties in bulk.
If you have any questions or feedback for this new tool, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org